Optometry is the only profession that offers many career options. An optometrist can choose to
work in the following areas
1. Practice independently
2. Work in Eye Hospitals as a consultant Optometrist with Ophthalmologists
3. Consultant Optometrist in Optical Outlets
4. Professional Services in Multinational Companies that make contact lenses, ophthalmic lenses,
eye medications. This is particularly for people with an aptitude for Corporate work.
5. Public Health and Community Eye Care
6. Teaching in schools and College of Optometry
7. Research and Development, as eye care is a rapidly developing field.
Besides working in India, multiple opportunities are available for those who are interested in
Lotus College of Optometry, organizes Campus interviews in the month of June every year and
invites leading organizations like Essilor India, Hoya India, Bausch & Lomb, Ciba Vision, Johnson &
Johnson Vision Care Etc. Leading Optical Chains like Lawrence and Mayo, Titan Eye Plus, Reliance
Vision Express, and Gangar Eye Nation also participate in placements.
The College holds a 100% placement record till this date, and Lotus graduates are among the most
well paid in Industry.